When the weather warms, there’s no better place to be than outdoors cooking on a big grill. But what happens when your food can’t hold up to those fiery grates? Well, that’s when your cast iron comes into action. Place your skillet right on top of the grill, and get to cooking. Cast iron will be your go-to grilling companion with these five methods.
1. Grill tender fish in a cast-iron skillet to keep it intact and perfectly flaky.
2. Don’t let veggies fall through the grill grates. Cook them in a cast-iron skillet to get that gorgeous char.
3. Bake a skillet of beans on the grill for extra-smoky flavor.
4. Get a juicy, evenly seared steak by basting it with butter and grilling it in a cast-iron skillet.
5. Want to whip up an accompanying sauce? Place your cast-iron pan straight on the grill and simmer for a fully grilled meal.