A cast-iron grill pan is the perfect way to grill this flank steak, marinated in garlic, lime juice, jalapeño, and cilantro.
Grilled Carne Asada
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds flank steak
- Garnish: charred jalapeño rings
- FIRST In a large bowl, stir together garlic, lime juice, jalapeño, cilantro, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add steak, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- LAST Heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Add steak (discarding marinade); grill for 7 minutes. Turn, and cook until desired degree of doneness, 7 to 12 minutes more. Let rest for 10 minutes; slice, and serve. Garnish with jalapeño rings, if desired.