Gingersnap cookies add sweet spice-filled flavor to this easy apple crumble.
Makes 8 servings
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 0g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 12 cups sliced Gala apples (about 6 apples)
- 1½ cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1¼ cup gingersnap cookies
- ⅓ cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together apples, 1 cup granulated sugar, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse cookies until finely ground. In a medium bowl, stir together ½ cup cookie crumbs, oats, brown sugar, flour, and salt. Stir in butter and walnuts until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- Strain apple mixture; discard excess liquid. Stir in cornstarch, cinnamon, and remaining ½ cup granulated sugar. Pour into prepared pan, and top with cookie mixture.
- Bake until fruit is hot and top is golden brown, about 50 minutes. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Southern Cast Iron https://www.southerncastiron.com/