A salad of fresh herbs, arugula, and green peas is a lovely complement to this asparagus-mushroom frittata.
Asparagus-Mushroom Frittata Wedges
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 button mushrooms, sliced
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 asparagus spears, cut in half
- Fresh baby arugula, chopped fresh dill, chopped fresh basil, and blanched peas, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray wells of a cast-iron wedge pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, and cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Divide mushrooms among each section of prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and half, and mustard until frothy. Add cheese, basil, dill, salt, and pepper, whisking to combine. Spoon batter into wells. Top with asparagus.
- Bake until puffed, 12 to 14 minutes. Serve with a salad of baby arugula, dill, basil, and blanched peas.