We promise these burger-meets-Sloppy Joe sandwiches will be the first thing to go at any party.
Bacon Cheeseburger Pull-Apart Sliders
- 1 (12-ounce) package Hawaiian sweet rolls, halved lengthwise
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- ½ cup minced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 3½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ½ pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons melted bacon drippings
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place bottoms of rolls, cut side up, in a 9-inch square cast-iron skillet. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add beef, onion, and steak seasoning; cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned and crumbly and onion is tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste; cook for 1 minute. Stir in green onion. Spoon beef mixture in an even layer on rolls; top with bacon, remaining 1 cup cheese, and rolls, cut side down.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted bacon drippings, brown sugar, mustard, and remaining 2 teaspoons Worcestershire until smooth. Brush onto rolls; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake until golden brown and heated through about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.