Smoky bacon and melted cheese pack scrumptious flavor into this creamy baked pasta.
Baked Cavatappi and Brussels Sprouts Alfredo
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- ¾ pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ pound cavatappi pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 (15-ounce) jar four-cheese Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese (4 ounces), divided
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove bacon using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add Brussels sprouts and onion to pan; cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in cooked pasta, Alfredo sauce, ½ cup cheese, pimiento, salt, pepper, and bacon until combined.
- Spoon pasta mixture into 4 (6-inch) cast-iron baking dishes; sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese. Place dishes on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.