Filled with Broccolini, zucchini, and roasted red peppers, this veggie-packed sandwich is every bit as wholesome as it is satisfying.
Balsamic Veggie Grilled Cheese
- 1 bunch Broccolini (about 8 ounces), spears halved lengthwise
- 8 (¼-inch-thick) lengthwise slices zucchini (about 2 medium)
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 8 slices multigrain sandwich bread
- 8 slices Colby Jack cheese
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained well and patted dry
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- Heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium heat. In a large bowl, toss together Broccolini, zucchini, vinaigrette, salt, and pepper until well coated.
- Grill Broccolini and zucchini in a single layer until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Return vegetables to bowl with dressing; toss to coat.
- Spread 1 teaspoon mayonnaise on one side of all bread slices. Top half of bread slices, plain side up, with 2 slices Colby Jack; divide Broccolini, zucchini, and roasted peppers among cheese. Top each with 2 slices Monterey Jack with peppers, and 1 bread slice, plain side down.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Cook sandwiches until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve immediately.