If you love boiled peanuts, these are a must-try. Save the craft brews for drinking—a cheaper beer works great for this.
Beer and Mustard Boiled Peanuts
Serves: 12 servings
- 2 pounds unshelled raw peanuts, rinsed
- 6 (12-ounce) cans lager beer
- 1 (10-ounce) bottle stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- In a large enamel-coated cast-iron Dutch oven, combine peanuts and water to cover. Let stand for 30 minutes. Drain. Return peanuts to Dutch oven.
- Add beer, mustard, salt, and red pepper; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, partially covered, until tender, about 6 hours, adding water, 1 cup at a time, as needed. (Peanuts should stay submerged in liquid.) Let cool in cooking liquid. Refrigerate for up to 1 week in an airtight container.