Made with pudding mix and whipped topping, this cheesecake-inspired pie is easy to assemble, and even easier to eat.
Makes 1 (10-inch) pie
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ⅔ cup fresh blackberries, mashed
- 3 tablespoons blackberry preserves
- Garnish: whipped topping, fresh blackberries
- Spray a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with baking spray with flour.
- For crust: In a large bowl, toss together cracker crumbs, ¾ cup melted butter, and sugar until moistened. Add remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter, if necessary. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press mixture into bottom and up sides of prepared skillet. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- For filling: In a large bowl, beat pudding mix and milk with a mixer at low speed until mixture begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. In a small bowl, stir together mashed blackberries and preserves. Add blackberry mixture to pudding mixture; gently fold together until mostly combined. Spoon filling into prepared crust. Garnish with whipped topping and blackberries, if desired.
- Loosely cover and freeze until firm, at least 6 hours. Thaw in refrigerator until softened, about 1 hour, or at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Cut with a sharp knife dipped in hot water.