The best part of this traditional monkey bread is the fresh blackberries layered inside.
Blackberry Monkey Bread
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (16.3-ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, cut into quarters
- ½ cup fresh blackberries, halved if large
- ½ cup Blackberry Jam
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 15-cup cast-iron Bundt pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon. Add biscuit quarters, and shake well to coat.
- Layer one-third of biscuits in prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of blackberries.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave Blackberry Jam on high until melted, 30 to 45 seconds. Drizzle half of Blackberry Jam onto biscuits and blackberries. Repeat layers once; top with remaining biscuits.
- In a small saucepan, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil over medium heat; cook just until sugar is dissolved. Pour syrup onto biscuits.
- Bake for 1 hour. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate; serve warm.