Blueberry-Cornmeal Skillet Cake
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 0g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- ⅓ cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet in oven to preheat.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, ¾ cup sugar, cornmeal, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and zest. Set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add 8 tablespoons butter. Microwave on high in 30-second intervals until melted. Stir in sour cream, eggs, and vanilla. Make a well in center of dry ingredients. Add butter mixture, stirring to combine.
- Carefully remove hot skillet from oven. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in skillet. Add half of batter to pan, spreading in an even layer. Sprinkle 1 cup blueberries evenly over batter. Drop spoonfuls of remaining batter over blueberries. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup blueberries and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack 30 minutes.
Southern Cast Iron https://www.southerncastiron.com/