Enjoy perfectly seared steaks with the help of a tried-and-true cast-iron skillet. Dripping with a buttery balsamic sauce, you might hesitate to order steaks out again.
Bourbon Mushroom Steaks
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 2 (16-ounce) T-bone steaks, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cups gourmet blend mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ cup bourbon
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over high heat. Add steaks; cook, turning once, until browned and desired degree of doneness is reached, 4 to 8 minutes per side. Remove steaks from skillet. Let rest at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Add mushrooms, garlic, and thyme; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 2 minutes. Add bourbon and remaining 2 tablespoons butter; cook until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add steaks back to pan and baste with sauce. Serve immediately.