BRISKET AND CORNBREAD GRILLED CHEESE
Traditional barbecue fixin’s come together in this oh-so-delicious creation.
- Barbecue sauce
- 8 (½-inch-thick) slices Jalapeño-Cheddar Cornbread (recipe follows)
- 16 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 pound thinly sliced smoked brisket
- Dill pickle sandwich slices, drained well
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Spread a thin layer of barbecue sauce onto 4 slices Jalapeño-Cheddar Cornbread; top each with 2 slices cheese and one-fourth of brisket. Drizzle barbecue sauce onto brisket; top each with pickles, 2 slices cheese, and remaining slices of cornbread.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add 2 sandwiches; cook until cornbread is golden brown and cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and remaining sandwiches. Serve immediately.