Bench your usual wings, and put these spicy sandwiches topped with tangy veggies and creamy blue cheese in your starting lineup.
Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Crunchy Slaw
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle buffalo wing sauce
- 1 (9-count) package slider buns
- Crumbled blue cheese, to serve
- In a large bowl, stir together dressing, parsley, chives, dill, ¼ teaspoon salt, celery seed, and pepper; stir in carrots, celery, and slaw mix until well combined. Cover and refrigerate.
- Divide chicken into 9 portions, and shape each into a patty about 3 inches wide and ½ inch thick. Sprinkle patties with remaining ½ teaspoon salt.
- Spray a cast-iron grill pan with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Add patties; cook until browned on the bottom, 6 to 8 minutes. Turn patties, and brush with buffalo sauce. Cook until patties are browned on the bottom and an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of patties registers 165°, 6 to 8 minutes more.
- Serve patties on buns with remaining buffalo sauce, slaw, and blue cheese.