Interception! And your team scores! Celebrate with one of these gooey chocolaty brownies.
- 1 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 8 soft vanilla caramels*, halved
- Caramel sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray a cast-iron wedge pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup sugar, flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder. Stir in melted butter, vanilla, and eggs until moistened. Scoop batter into prepared wedges, spreading evenly. Place 2 caramel halves on each wedge.
- Bake until top is set and a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out mostly clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 2 teaspoons sugar onto warm brownies. Let cool in pan for 1 hour. Run a knife around edges of brownies, and gently remove from pan. Drizzle with caramel sauce before serving.
*We used Kraft Caramels.