Perfectly blistered and lightly spiced, these carrots are also an excellent pair for grilled chicken or cooked grains.
Charred Baby Carrots
Serves: 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds baby carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- In a large cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add carrots, garlic, salt, pepper, and cardamom; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until charred and tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in parsley. Garnish with additional parsley, if desired.