This easy casserole is a weeknight meal the whole family will enjoy.
Chicken and Broccoli Skillet Casserole
Serves: 8 servings
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 cups small pasta shells, cooked according to package directions
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Add broccoli; cook until bright green and heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon.
- Add butter to pan, and melt over medium heat. Add garlic and flour, whisking to combine. Gradually whisk in milk until thickened. Stir in 1 cup cheese until melted. Stir in cooked pasta, chicken, bacon, and broccoli; top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Broil 5 inches from heat until cheese begins to brown, 5 to 7 minutes.