Easy and ideal for a quick weeknight meal, this cozy chicken recipe is always at the top of our must-make dishes.
Serves: 4 servings
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh baby portobello mushrooms, quartered
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon solive oil
- 6 (4-ounce) chicken cutlets
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup Marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: fresh thyme
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallots; cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Add oil to skillet. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place flour in a small dish. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Add chicken to skillet; cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from skillet.
- Add broth, wine, and thyme to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to thicken. Stir in cream. Return mushrooms, shallot, and chicken to skillet, turning chicken to coat. Garnish with thyme, if desired. Serve immediately.