This hearty five-ingredient meal comes together in 20 minutes.
Chicken Sausage with Peppers and Onions
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (12-ounce) package chicken andouille sausage,* cut into 3-inch pieces
- 6 to 8 mini tricolor sweet peppers
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, split lengthwise
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, cut in half
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to 400°. Heat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet on grill for 10 minutes; add oil.
- Add sausage, sweet peppers, red onion, garlic, rosemary, salt, and black pepper. Grill, covered, until sausage and vegetables begin to char, about 10 minutes. Turn sausage and vegetables; grill, covered, until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion of sausage registers 165°, about 10 minutes more.