Creamy, rich, and covered with cheese, our take on this classic pasta dish is packed with comfort.
Serves: 6 to 8
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups half-and-half
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- ½ (16-ounce) box linguine, cooked according to package directions
- ½ cup roughly chopped parsley
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley, lemon zest
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add onion; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add remaining 4 tablespoons butter to skillet. Stir in flour; cook for 1 minute. Whisk in half-and-half, broth, wine, salt, zest, and pepper until smooth. Cook until thickened, about 3 minutes. Whisk in 2 cups mozzarella and ½ cup Parmesan until melted. Stir in chicken, pasta, and parsley; remove from heat. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup mozzarella and remaining ¼ cup Parmesan.
- Broil until melted and golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Garnish with parsley and zest, if desired.
You can find more warm and cozy supper ideas in our newest issue of Southern Cast Iron magazine.