We love the contrast of crispy chicken skin with sweet fruit in this flavorful supper.
Chicken Thighs with Peaches and Green Tomatoes
Makes 4 servings
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless chicken thighs
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 fresh peaches, cut into wedges
- 2 green tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine chicken, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic. Seal bag, tossing gently to combine. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to high heat (400° to 450°). Place a 12-inch cast-iron skillet on grill to heat for 15 minutes. Spray skillet with nonflammable cooking spray.
- Add peaches and tomatoes to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until just lightly charred, 1 to 2 minutes. In a medium bowl, stir together peaches, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, oil, lemon juice, honey, and salt until well combined.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Add chicken to skillet skin side down; cook until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 165°, about 5 minutes per side. Return to skillet, and serve immediately with peach mixture.