This is the perfect gift for kids—an easy stir-together cookie chockful of chocolate and candies.
Chocolate-Peppermint Skillet Cookie
Serves: 1 (6-inch) cookie
- 1 jar Skillet Cookie Mix (recipe follows)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (1.8-ounce) box chocolate-coated creamy mint candy*
- 2 (0.375-ounce) squares dark chocolate, melted
- 1 soft peppermint stick, crushed
- Spray a 6-inch cast-iron skillet with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk Skillet Cookie Mix until fully combined. In a small bowl, whisk together butter, egg, and vanilla. Stir butter mixture into cookie mix until well combined. Spread dough evenly into bottom of skillet. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake until edges are risen and puffed, about 15 minutes. Carefully remove from oven, and sprinkle with creamy mint candy. Bake until center is set and edges are golden brown, about 12 minutes more. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Drizzle with melted chocolate, and sprinkle with crushed peppermint. Serve warm.
*We used Junior Mints.
Skillet Cookie Mix
Serves: 1 (8-ounce) jar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. In an 8-ounce Mason jar, layer brown sugar, granulated sugar, and flour mixture. Seal with lid.