This sweet and spicy ham is a beautiful centerpiece to your meal. We suggest serving it straight from the skillet and spooning the tasty pan drippings onto each serving.
Cider-Pepper Jelly Glazed Ham
Serves: 10 to 12 servings
- 1 (8-pound) semi-boneless smoked ham, patted dry
- ¾ cup pepper jelly
- ¼ cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ to ¾ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°. Position rack in bottom third of oven.
- Place ham, cut side down, in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet. In a medium bowl, whisk together pepper jelly and all remaining ingredients. Brush ½ cup pepper jelly mixture onto ham; reserve remaining mixture. Loosely cover with foil.
- Bake until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion of ham registers 130°, about 2½ hours.
- Increase oven temperature to broil. Uncover and brush with ¼ cup pepper jelly mixture. Broil, brushing with remaining pepper jelly mixture every 5 minutes, until golden brown, about 20 minutes more. Let stand for 20 minutes before slicing.