With just a touch of heat, these rich brownies are the perfect dessert for your taco party.
Cinnamon-Chili Skillet Brownies
Makes about 16
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (4-ounce) bars semisweet chocolate, chopped and divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground red pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Garnish: chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9-inch square cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter and 6 ounces chocolate until chocolate is melted. Microwave on high in 10-second intervals, if needed, stirring in between each.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, granulated sugar, and vanilla. Slowly add chocolate mixture, whisking just until combined.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, coffee granules, salt, cinnamon, and ½ teaspoon red pepper. Gradually add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, stirring just until combined. Gently fold in remaining chocolate. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until semi-firm to the touch, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely. Cut into 16 squares.
- In a small bowl, stir together cocoa, confectioners’ sugar, and remaining ¼ teaspoon red pepper. Sprinkle brownies with cocoa mixture. Garnish with chili powder, if desired.