This rich and buttery pound cake is perfect for any occasion.
Classic Pound Cake
Makes 1 (13-cup) cake
- 1½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar at medium speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts.
- In another large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition.
- Spray a 13-cup cast-iron fluted cake pan with baking spray with flour. Spread batter into prepared pan. Gently tap pan on counter lined with a kitchen towel a few times to release air bubbles.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack in pan for 15 minutes. Invert cake onto wire rack, and let cool completely.