Swirled with decadent frosting and studded with sweetened flakes of coconut, this skillet cake is the perfect ending to any meal.
Serves: 1 (10-inch) cake
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Garnish: toasted sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 5 to 7 minutes. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in coconut extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Fold in coconut. Spread batter in prepared skillet.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely. Spread with whipped topping. Garnish with toasted coconut, if desired.