Melted blackberry preserves create a sticky glaze for this beautifully shaped coffee cake.
Cream Cheese-Blackberry Swirl Cake
Serves: 1 (13-cup) Bundt cake
- 2¼ cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup plus ½ cup blackberry preserves, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups sugar, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk in flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined. Whisk in sour cream and milk until combined. Reserve 2 cups batter in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth; whisk in ¼ cup batter from large bowl and remaining ¼ cup sugar until combined. Whisk in ⅓ cup blackberry preserves until combined.
- Spray a 13-cup cast-iron Bundt pan with baking spray with flour. Spread plain batter from large bowl into prepared pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture onto batter, avoiding sides of pan. Spread reserved 2 cups batter onto cream cheese mixture.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 60 to 65 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, heat remaining ½ cup blackberry preserves over medium-low heat, whisking frequently, until melted and smooth. Spoon onto cake just before serving.