This colorful pasta salad packed with fresh veggies is a tasty addition to any summer supper.
Creamy Macaroni Salad
Makes about 2 quarts
- ½ (16-ounce) package elbow macaroni
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pint assorted grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Garnish: paprika, fresh basil
- In a large cast-iron Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir in cooked pasta, bell pepper, tomatoes, onion, celery, and basil. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Garnish with paprika and basil, if desired.