Classic deviled eggs are made even tastier with the help of sweet shrimp, tangy hot sauce, and Creole flair.
Creole Shrimp Deviled Eggs
- 6 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise (see Kitchen Tip)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish, drained
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 1½ teaspoons Creole mustard
- ½ teaspoon Creole seasoning
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup finely chopped cooked small shrimp, patted dry
- 12 cooked small whole shrimp
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
- Separate egg yolks and whites. In a medium bowl, stir together yolks, mayonnaise, relish, chives, mustard, Creole seasoning, hot sauce, and lemon juice until combined. Stir in chopped shrimp. Divide mixture among egg whites. Top each with a whole shrimp. 2. Loosely cover and refrigerate up to 6 hours before serving. Garnish with chives, if desired.