It’s hardly a baseball game without a hot dog. We took our recipe south to Miami for a Cuban sandwich—hot dog hybrid.
Cuban Hot Dogs
- 4 polish smoked sausages, halved lengthwise
- 8 sweet top-sliced hot dog buns*
- 16 slices Swiss cheese
- 16 slices black forest ham
- Yellow mustard and dill pickle slices, to serve
- Heat a cast-iron griddle or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add sausages; cook until browned and heated through, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan; set aside.
- Add buns to pan; cook on each side until browned and warmed. Top buns with cheese, ham, sausage, mustard, and pickles. Serve immediately.
*We used King’s Hawaiian Sweet Top-Sliced Hot Dog Buns.