Making pizza in a wedge pan means each slice has a crispy outer crust. We used bell pepper, onion, basil, and crushed red pepper, but any toppings you like will work.
Deep-Dish Pizza Wedges
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon plain yellow cornmeal
- 1 (11-ounce) can thin-crust pizza dough
- 8 tablespoons pizza sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese, sliced red onion, sliced bell peppers, and fresh basil, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375°. Position rack in bottom third of oven.
- Brush wells of an 8-well cast-iron wedge pan with oil; sprinkle with cornmeal.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14×12-inch rectangle; cut lengthwise into 4 equal rectangles. Cut each rectangle in half diagonally; press dough pieces into bottom and up sides of prepared wells.
- Spread 1 tablespoon sauce onto each crust; sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon mozzarella. Top with Parmesan, onion, bell pepper, and basil as desired.
- Bake in bottom third of oven until crust is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.