It doesn’t get much better than this one-pan recipe that comes together in under 30 minutes.
Makes 7 cups
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground mild Italian pork sausage
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ pound chicken livers, puréed
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- Garnish: celery leaves
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook, stirring frequently, until browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels.
- Add celery, carrot, yellow onion, and Cajun seasoning to pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Stir in chicken livers; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir in broth, and bring to a boil. Stir in cooked rice and sausage; cook until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in green onion. Garnish with celery leaves, if desired.