Serve this biscuit-topped cobbler straight from the skillet to keep it warm and bubbly.
Double Berry Cobbler with Almond Drop Biscuit Topping
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 1¼ cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- ½ cup whole buttermilk
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, stir together blueberries, blackberries, 1 cup sugar, ¼ cup flour, lemon juice, and extract. Spoon berry mixture into a large enamel-coated cast-iron skillet.
- In a medium bowl, stir together almond flour, salt, baking powder, remaining ¼ cup sugar, and remaining ¾ cup flour. Using a pastry blender, cut in cold butter until mixture is crumbly. Add buttermilk, stirring until combined. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto berry mixture. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes; serve with ice cream, if desired.