Crunchy nuts and tart fruit in the colors of the season create these chewy treats.
Dried Cherry and Pistachio Macaroons
Makes about 20
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 (14-ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chopped dried cherries
- ¾ cup chopped salted roasted pistachios
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a 14-inch round cast-iron baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites with a mixer at medium speed for 1 minute. Add coconut, flour, sugar, salt, and vanilla; beat on low speed until combined. Gently fold in cherries and pistachios.
- Using a 2-tablespoon spring-loaded scoop, scoop dough, and place 1 inch apart on prepared pan.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned, 20 to 24 minutes. Let cool completely on pan on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.