This comforting chicken dinner fills your home with intoxicating aromas as it bakes.
Easy Chicken Pot Roast
Serves: approximately 4 servings
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) whole chicken
- 8 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 shallots, peeled and halved
- 1 (8-ounce) package button mushrooms
- 5 medium red potatoes, halved
- 30 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove and discard giblets from chicken. In a large Dutch oven, place chicken. Add garlic, shallot, mushrooms, potato, and thyme. Squeeze lemon over chicken; add lemon halves to pan. Add wine. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cover, and bake until chicken is tender and falling apart, approximately 3 hours.