This eggnog bread pudding is the perfect way to enjoy the flavors of the season.
Eggnog Bread Puddings with Bourbon Sauce and Spiced Whipped Cream
Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups prepared eggnog
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 8 cups challah bread, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 6 (9-ounce) cast-iron gratin dishes with cooking spray. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggnog, granulated sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until combined. Fold in bread cubes. Divide among prepared dishes, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with a mixer at medium speed until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add confectioners’ sugar and nutmeg, beating until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a small saucepan, bring brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, bourbon, and remaining ¼ teaspoon vanilla to a boil over medium heat; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly. Serve warm over bread pudding with spiced whipped cream.