We used a bread mix for convenience and to save time. If you have a favorite scratch-made sweet roll dough you love, feel free to sub it in! You can also use store-bought fig jam to make these rolls even quicker.
Fig Jam Buns
- 1 (16-ounce) box hot roll mix *
- 1 cup Fig Jam (recipe on page 72)
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions through step 4.
- Spray a cast-iron baking pan with cooking spray.
- Roll dough into an 18×12-inch rectangle. In a small bowl, stir together Fig Jam, brown sugar, and vanilla. Spread mixture onto dough, leaving a 1-inch border on one long side. Starting at long side with no border, roll up dough into a log; pinch seam to seal. Cut log into 8 (2¼-inch-thick) slices. Place slices, cut side down, on prepared pan. Loosely cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (75º) for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Bake until puffed and golden brown on top, 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, bourbon, and milk until smooth; drizzle over buns. Serve warm.
*We used Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix.