Fried Chicken Wings with Honey-Lime Sauce
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 0g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- ½ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce or to taste
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Dash ground allspice
- 1 dozen chicken wings
- 6 to 8 cups canola oil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Lime wedges (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine honey, lime juice, hot sauce, 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, and allspice.
- Remove and discard tips from chicken wings.
- In a deep cast-iron skillet, pour enough oil to fill halfway; heat oil over medium-high heat to 350°. Gently add half of wings to hot oil. Cook until golden brown, turning occasionally, 10 minutes for halved wings, 15 minutes for whole wings. Adjust heat if needed to maintain temperature.
- Remove chicken wings from skillet. Drain on paper towels, and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Repeat procedure with remaining wings, salt, and pepper Drizzle with honey mixture. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Southern Cast Iron https://www.southerncastiron.com/