One bite of these mouthwatering hand pies will transport you right back to childhood.
Fried Peanut Butter, Banana, and Chocolate Hand Pies
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1 medium banana, thinly sliced
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each piecrust to a 12-inch circle. Using a 4-inch round cutter, cut 8 rounds from each crust, rerolling scraps as necessary.
- In a small bowl, stir together peanut butter and chocolate. Place 3 banana slices, slightly overlapping, in center of 8 dough rounds. Top each with a heaping teaspoonful of peanut butter mixture. Moisten edges of dough with water. Top with remaining dough rounds. Crimp with a fork dipped in flour to seal.
- Fill a cast-iron skillet halfway with oil, and heat over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 360°. Fry pies in batches (do not overcrowd skillet), turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove pies using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with sugar; serve immediately.