Inspired by our favorite holiday cookie, this fudge is easy to make and stays firm once set, making it an excellent addition to a holiday gift box.
Serves: 36 pieces
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup unsulphured molasses
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups white chocolate morsels
- Garnish: crushed gingersnap cookies
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- In a large enamel-coated cast-iron skillet, combine brown sugar, evaporated milk, corn syrup, molasses, flour, pie spice, ginger, vanilla, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture is well combined and begins to steam. Remove from heat; stir in white chocolate morsels. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with gingersnaps, if desired. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan, and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.