Wrapped in smoky bacon and brushed with a spicy-sweet glaze, this okra may just be our new favorite summer side dish.
Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Okra
- 10 slices center-cut bacon
- 10 fresh okra pods
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ¼ cup red pepper jelly
- 2¼ teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, cook bacon in batches over medium-high heat just until slices begin to brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove bacon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet.
- In a large bowl, toss together okra and oil. Wrap one bacon slice around each okra pod, securing with a wooden pick. Place okra in skillet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. In a small bowl, stir together pepper jelly, mustard, and pepper. Brush mixture onto okra. Bake until bacon is glazed and crisp and okra is tender, about 5 minutes more. Serve immediately.