Store-bought gnocchi makes for an easy weeknight dinner that’s packed full of fresh tomato sauce.
Gnocchi with Fresh Tomato Sauce
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced (about 1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 6 cups halved assorted cherry tomatoes, divided (about 2 pounds)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2¾ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 (16-ounce) packages potato gnocchi, cooked according to package directions
- Garnish: fresh basil
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic; cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. (Reduce heat as necessary to prevent overbrowning.)
- Add 4½ cups tomatoes; cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes have released their juices and mixture has thickened, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in basil, salt, honey, black pepper, red pepper, and remaining 1½ cups tomatoes. Add cooked gnocchi; cook until heated through. Garnish with basil, if desired. Serve immediately.