Peel the peach before grilling, if desired. If you prefer more spice, use a serrano chile rather than a jalapeño.
Grilled Corn and Peach Salsa
Makes about 2½ cups
- 3 large ears corn, shucked
- 1 slightly firm yellow peach, peeled, halved and pitted
- Vegetable oil
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Plantain chips, to serve
- Heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush pan, corn, and cut sides of peach halves with oil. Grill corn until browned and kernels are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes per side. Grill peach halves, cut sides down, until browned, about 3 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool. Chop peach halves; cut corn kernels off cobs.
- In a medium bowl, stir together corn kernels, peaches, jalapeño, onion, lime zest and juice, and salt to taste. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes. Stir in cilantro just before serving. Serve with plantain chips. Refrigerate for up to 2 days.