Pile this flavorful flank steak onto your favorite tortillas and top with Chimichurri Sauce, thinly sliced radish, sliced avocado, and crumbled queso fresco for delicious tacos.
Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 1½ pounds flank steak
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Chimichurri Sauce (recipe follows)
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Let steak stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, mustard, and cumin. Generously sprinkle mixture all over steak; let stand 15 minutes more.
- Heat a large cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat; spray pan with cooking spray.
- Cook steak, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers at least 130°, 10 to 15 minutes, or until desired doneness. Transfer to a cutting board, and let stand for 10 minutes. Slice steak diagonally against the grain. Serve with Chimichurri Sauce.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Cover and let stand at room temperature for at least 15 minutes before serving.