Fresh, grilled strawberry salsa is sure to take your taco Tuesday to the next level in this elevated and delicious dish.
Grilled Shrimp with Grilled Strawberry Salsa
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- ¾ pound fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large fresh shrimp
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 medium ripe avocados, diced
- Grilled flour tortillas, lime wedges, to serve
- Spray a cast-iron grill pan with cooking spray; heat pan over medium heat.
- Grill whole strawberries and jalapeños until grill marks form, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Quarter strawberries, and chop jalapeños, removing seeds, if desired.
- Grill shrimp over medium heat until opaque, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- In a large bowl, stir together shrimp, strawberries, jalapeños, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, lime zest and juice, and salt until well combined. Fold in cilantro and avocado. Serve with tortillas and lime wedges.
KITCHEN TIP- Strawberry salsa can be made a day ahead and refrigerated. Stir in avocado, cilantro, and shrimp just before serving.