If you’ve never had this traditional south-of-the-border snack, you’re in for a treat. Spiced mayo coats the nooks and crannies of sweet summer corn that’s blistered to perfection and topped with creamy cheese, fresh herbs, and zesty lime.
Grilled Street Corn
Makes 4 servings
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- Crumbled queso fresco or cotija cheese, fresh cilantro, and lime wedges, to serve
- Shuck corn, leaving a few husks attached; twist and knot husks into a bundle at end of cob.
- Heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush oil onto pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, paprika, salt, cumin, red pepper, and zest. Brush half of mayonnaise mixture all over corn.
- Grill corn, turning every minute, until kernels are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Brush remaining mayonnaise mixture all over corn. Serve immediately with cheese, cilantro, and lime.