Double the cheese means double the deliciousness in this hearty dip. Serve with your favorite dippers to scoop up every bite.
Grits and Bacon Dip
Makes 6 Cups
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup stone-ground white grits
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded Gouda cheese
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon, chopped and cooked until crisp
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup chopped seeded jalapeño (about
- 2 medium)
- 6 tablespoons chopped green onion, divided
- Blue corn tortilla chips and fresh vegetables, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, bring milk, 1 cup water, and salt to a boil over medium-high heat. Gradually whisk in grits until smooth. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until grits are tender and creamy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove grits from heat; stir in cream cheese and Gouda until smooth and well combined. Stir in half of bacon, mayonnaise, sour cream, jalapeño, and 4 tablespoons green onion until combined. Spread mixture evenly in skillet.
- Bake until grits are lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining bacon and remaining 2 tablespoons green onion onto dip. Serve immediately with chips and vegetables.