Support your local beekeepers and enjoy a delicious skillet steak with this mouthwatering recipe.
Honey Balsamic Steak
Serves: 2-4 servings
- 2 (6- to 8-ounce) New York strip steaks, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, melt butter with oil, garlic, and rosemary over medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook, turning once, until browned and desired doneness is reached, 4 to 8 minutes per side. Remove steaks from skillet; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add honey and vinegar to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve with steaks.
For rare doneness, remove steaks from pan at 125°. For medium-rare, remove at 135°. For medium, remove from pan at 145°. For medium-well, remove at 150°. For well done, remove at 160°.