Topped with a thyme-honey syrup, this refreshing springtime tart is easy to make and even easier to eat.
Honey and Thyme Glazed Strawberry Tart
Makes 1 (11-inch) tart
- ½ (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a 14-inch cast-iron baking pan with parchment paper.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into an 11-inch square. Place on prepared pan. Generously pierce with a fork dipped in flour.
- Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine honey, thyme, and 1 teaspoon water. Cook over medium-low heat until warm. In a medium bowl, combine strawberries and honey mixture. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add cream and vanilla; beat at high speed until thickened.
- Place pastry on a serving plate. Gently spread cream cheese mixture onto pastry, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides. Using a slotted spoon, spoon strawberries over cream mixture. Drizzle with remaining honey mixture. Garnish with thyme, if desired. Serve immediately.