Spice up your life with these craveworthy bakes.
Hot Cheddar Biscuits with Spicy Honey
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅔ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cold whole buttermilk
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon hot sauce, divided
- ½ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line a cast-iron baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, red pepper, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse meal; stir in cheese.
- In a small bowl, stir together buttermilk and ¼ cup hot sauce; stir into flour mixture until combined. Turn out dough onto a floured work surface. Gently knead dough just until it comes together, about 8 times. Roll out dough to 1-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch round cutter, cut out biscuits. Place biscuits on prepared pan
- Bake until puffed and lightly browned, 14 to 16 minutes. Let cool for 5 minuntes.
- In a small bowl, stir together honey and remaining 1 tablespoon hot sauce; serve with warm biscuits.